Jack

Jack

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

"If it is not right, do not do it; if it is not true, do not say it." 
Marcus Aurelius 

I don't agree with this because not everyone has grown up in a place of decency, so one man's crime may be another's sport or vice versa. We shouldn't throw caution to the wind, but we shouldn't give in to authority all the time either. I believe people should learn their place in society. If we go into anything with mentality we'll make very little friends, for example, if I'm not going to be honest with a person, and lie to them to make them feel better about themselves, then I am part of the problem. If I am honest, no matter whether they cry or not about my honesty, I feel like I'm praciticing this belief correctly. If I lie to make someone feel better, I think it is going against this belief and most people would disgree.

No comments:

Post a Comment