Jack

Jack

Friday, April 8, 2016



Neonatologist
Duties and Responsibilities:  diagnosing illnesses, disorders infections or birth defects; caring for babies in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit; managing nutrition in order to for growth and healing; oversee procedures which may cause harm to the mother or baby; providing continuous care for babies with life-threatening illnesses/situations; consult NICU doctors and baby's family about possible medical conditions; develop a care plan.

Salary:  $161,900 - $321,500

Education:  Bachelor's in chemistry/biology, Medical school, pediatric residency and neonatal fellowship, medical license 


As exciting and fulfilling as the job is, I wouldn't take it because it is an emotional and mental stress so great that I don't think I'll be able to handle it. Not just operating either, going to school for 14 more years will most likely drive me up a wall. If I was more positive and optimistic, I would take the job. I would definitely do it for the salary to have a nice and stable life, but then I'd be doing it for the wrong reasons, I prefer to go into a career I love rather than be greedy and choose a job solely for economic gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment